The results from Finnish Basenji Club's competitions were published - herewith a link to top showdogs (more results on the Club's website): http://www.basenji.fi/voittajagalleria/vuoden_basenji2008.htm#uros
I must say I am more than grateful for my dear friends - my puppypeople as well as my breederfriends - these awards would not have been possible without you. Every dog has it's background and without some great breedings and wise decisions done in the past, there would not be today's winners either so CHEERS for you all, involved today as well as in the past. No pup would enter into a ring either if someone did not enter it, brought it in, kept in great condition, training and loving it a lot. I am not prefect (far away) but I have been nearly perfect to choose the homes for my pups and The Friends and breeders to co-operate with - So, you can call me one VLP - Very Lucky Person :-).
We only had one female puppy in ring in 2008 and geesh, many males, lol (call me a malebreeder?), 'eating' the points from each others. Some of our dogs only went for a handful of shows, including Milla (SBIS, # 5 Bitch), Kerttu (# 4 Bitch and a winner of Active Basenji of 2008 as well as # 4 from the LC), Rene (# 1 pup)...you name it so that makes it even more special for us.
Here's a snapshot of my little darling from this morning - I was actually inside so sorry about the quality (surprisingly basenjis DO lick the windows :-)), a photo taken through the window and showing # 1 pup Rene in orange, # 1 female Neela in yellow and her darling granny Pitsi in front in red.