Sunday, May 24, 2009

Royal Canin BIS-Junior 2008 Grand Prix


Rene was invited to Helsinki INT show to compete in Royal Canin BIS-Junior 2008 Grand Prix, among with 4 other BIS-winning juniors from last year. My silly boy played himself up to BIS-3. Even if I showed my first basenji as a novice back in 1991, he managed to make me feel like a total novice again. Basenjis....LOL! I counted though that he was the youngest of the finalists, being only 16 (well, little shy of 17) mths while the winning Afghan was 26 mths and BIS-2 Westie 23 mths....even the Cairns were 20 and 21 mths so Rene was definitely a baby-baby. Huge congratulations for the lovely Afghan who I see has done well in adult classes already!
I have no photos from yesterday as was alone with Rene, but here's a snapshot taken in Lahti INT in April...