Friday, July 31, 2009

Swedish Specialty - 19th July





Morning was very humid and hot, uh. Pups were judged in different ring which was not a great idea IMO and made it lots of troubles if one wanted to follow both adults and pups, let alone if one would have been needed to handle in BOTH rings at the same time. I'm glad we have the 2-day show in Finland, and like they've used to have in Sweden too.


Our dogs did very well even though today they lost for some dogs that they beat the day before. That's what the show is like: different day, different judge, some different opinions. A nice lady called Ing-Marie Hagelin from Sweden was the judge of the day. Neela was switched up to CH class and ended up being 4th with CK - also Best Bitch 4. Little Riina trotted herself to a classwin with CK and after a day was handed CC as well as BIS-intermidiate dog (BIS Unghund). Rene was 2nd in his class with HP. Not bad at all. I would like to say huge thank you for Emma Prahl for superb handlinghelp with Riina & Neela during the weekend - I would have been lost without you!

During the time of bitches it started to rain - how come I recall it nearly always rains in the Swedish Specialty??? At least when I'm there! We packed the wet stuff in my poor Focus and drove back to the B&B. Needless to say, I had not slept again when we had to wake up at 3 am om Monday (it was still soooooooo hot!) and start driving towards Stockholm & ferry. I am not the best person to sleep in different places so I counted that when I finally put my head to pillows at home, around 2 am on TUESDAY, I had been awake and driving for 23 hours in row :-(. I even noticed some problems with a car when driving off from the ferry and ended up driving very slowly towards home, better so as the breaks were not on their best bet :-(.

Thank you Katja & Eija for the lovely company and everyone who stopped by to say HI!!! It was nice to meet some old folks and some that I had never seen in flesh! Here's some photos again...